Monday, May 16, 2011

If I Were To Jump Into The Book...

If you could "jump" into the book right now what would you do in the story and why?

If I was to jump inside the book at this very moment, the part i'm at right now I would be telling Dan (the moms new boyfriend... soon to be husband) about how the mom has another child  and by putting me into Dylan's shoes i would speak up and say that the other child is me. I'm not their cousin i'm their brother. Tell Dan that my OWN mother threw me out onto the streets like I meant nothing to her and expected me to be able to handle and look after myself when I bet she knows how dangerous the streets are and the worst place in the world. Tell him that she basically disowned me as her child by calling me a cousin to my own brothers and kicked me out of the house because I was nothing but "trouble" to her and being kicked out got me kicked out of school so I could not finish up my education now and not to mention that my brothers are were not born with the same dad. I would say so much more even though I know that doing so could get me into so much trouble but I couldn't care much because I would think that Dan would need to know the truth sooner or later either from mom or if I had to tell him myself. After that little scene I would do exactly what Dylan did, I would storm out of the house leaving the front door open and back to living on the streets until I could possibly find my Grandpa.

~Rebecca

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you Becca because if I were to jump into the novel at the part your are at right now I would also tell Dan that my mother threw me out and i want to come live with her again.

    ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree that Dan deserves to know that Dylan’s mother through him out of the house and basically disowned him. But the thing is Dan is giving Micha and Jordan a better life. What if by telling Dan about Dylan’s mother’s actions before he came, Dan would leave and want nothing to do with them anymore. If I was in Dylan’s shoes at this part of the book I am not sure if I would tell Dan about how I took care of Micha and Jordan, how my own mother through me onto the streets and disowned me. I would not want to jeopardize how much good Dan is doing for Micha and Jordan, because they deserve to have someone take care of them the way Dan is. I would not want to ruin that! ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree.
    It saddens me to think that there are people out there that can...just throw their children away like that and not even care. It's a cruel world outside of the life we know, and Dylan would have never had to know that feeling if it wasn't for his mother.
    How would you survive if you had no where left to go..?

    -A.B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everything you said up there. I especially like when you put yourself in the characters shoes and see how far you could walk. It was interesting to see your perspective on the way he thought about the way his mother treated him it made me feel like i undersood what you thought just a little bit more !
    k.j <3

    ReplyDelete